The year was 2001 and I was happily unemployed for an extended period of time. In a shed I found som rusty iron wire and made my first little piece of kinetic art. To solder the rusty wire I had to rub down every joint with emery which I soon found to troublesome and invested in two rolls of new galvanized wire from a hardware store.
The second model I started building with my kid brother later that year. The result is presently taking space at my attic where it collects dust. Today, in the age of Web 2.0, I have taken it down for a night to make this presentation video. When we reach Web 6.0, I will upload the machine itself. Enjoy 🙂