To clean up my Sid Organ, I have designed a simple card for my SID chips, allowing I2C control. The card will be addressable from 0-3 allowing 4 SID cards on the same bus.
The card is supplied from +/- 12V to fit the eurorack standard but with the option of single power if wanted. There is also a jumper to choose between MOS6581 and MOS8580, the latter using 9V power supply. I think.
There are, maybe unnecessary, +/-9V regulators to clean up the power supply output buffer in case of noisy power rails. These can be bypassed.
- Selectable single or dual 12V supply.
- Addressable up to 4 SIDs on same bus. Actually up to 8 if you use PCF8574B on half the cards.
- Buffered Audio Output. Audio can be attenuated with resistors.
- Optional 9V regulators for clean power to the output buffer.
- Jumper for MOS6581 / MOS8580 selection.
- I2C control. I will update my own Arduino SID library to fit this communication.
- On board 1Mhz oscillator.
Click here for schematics.